Students will learn oral anatomy, infection control, oral pathology, preventive dentistry and radiography (X-ray). Other course objectives include chair-side procedures, impressions and study models, safety standards and regulations, observation and internships. Students also need to get immunization against Hepatitis B, measles-mumps and rubella, Tetanus, and a Tuberculosis skin test.
- Earn College Credit - 24 YVCC Tech prep Credits.
- National Certificates of Competency- Apply to take DANB's RHS and ICE Exams
- "Hands On" - Intensive, practical lab environment.
Students who complete the program will have job opportunities as Chair-side Dental Assistants, Dental Hygiene Assistants, Radiographic Assistants, and Infection Control Technicians.
Employers are seeking graduates of this program who have an excellent attendance record, are self-starters and pay attention to details. Employees are expected to be neat and clean and maintain a business-like appearance. They need to be empathetic and understanding of patients and their related problems.
- Dental Assisting Orientation
- Oral Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection and Hazard Control
- Introduction to Chairside Procedures
- Dental Charting/Exam Procedures
- Coronal Polish and Fluoride Treatment
- Dental Radiography
- Impressions and Study Models
- Assisting with Local Anesthesia
- Rubber Dams
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Cements and Bases
- Chair-side Assisting
- Temporary Crown Fabrication
- Dental Office Observation (2 weeks)
- Internship (10 weeks)
- Resume and Job Search
* RHS and ICE are registered trademarks of the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB). The YV-Tech course is not reviewed or endorsed by DANB.
Watch the Dental Assisting Video
Colleges & Tech Schools